Gun Store Insurance Program
Are you looking for gun shop insurance? If you are a gun store searching for insurance we have the solution. If you are a gun shop, retail firearms dealer, outdoor hunting store or have a outdoor related store with the sale of guns, we have you covered.
Are you a retail gun shop operations with true retail store fronts? Selling ammunition and firearm accessories along with limited other retail sales (archery, hunting accessories, etc…). Do you carry the proper FFL licensing for the sales you are conducting and have a limited exposure to any gun shows? If you are a hunting store that sells rifles, shotguns, pistols and has some gunsmithing exposure, we have the policy for your gun shop.
Covers direct physical loss or damage to property rented, leased, or owned by your business. This includes buildings, money and securities, business or personal property of others, and losses incurred by employee thefts or negligence.
- General Liability
Provides various limits of liability up to $1,000,000 per occurrence, $2,000,000 aggregate. Coverage includes bodily injury and property damage, personal and advertising injury as well as miscellaneous medical payments to others.
- Specialized Business Coverages
- Gun Stores, Gun Shops
- Commercial Ranges
- Firearm Training Facilities
- Firearm-Related Events
- Hired and Non Owned
Business income, boiler and machinery, glass, computer, valuable papers and records, accounts receivable and more.
Gunsmithing is an acceptable exposure but we are looking for a limited nature, detail below.
We are not looking for big box retail but rather small, location, 1 store shops. We are not looking for sales of automatic weapons, modified weapons beyond basic gunsmithing or importing with no manufacturer’s liability in place.
We will accept shooting ranges and archery ranges along with some rental of other outdoor related equipment (kayaks, canoes, etc..).
Acceptable Gun Sales Federal Firearms Licenses (FFL) Classes:
- Type 1
- Type 3
- Other classes of licenses are acceptable but the Sales or transfers of Fully Automatic Weapons is not allowed by the UW guidelines.
Gunsmithing acceptable exposures:
- Bore sighting
- Scope mounting
- Trigger jobs
Gunsmithing non-acceptable exposures:
- Modification of barrel assembly
- Manipulation to fully automatic
- If revenue from gun shows is less then 25% of gun sales then we are willing to review the account, if they sell more then 25% the risk is not eligible.
- The sales transaction at a retail gun show for a FFL is the same transaction and requires the same background and recording keeping as it would in their retail store.
- Copy of FFL License
- Signed Applications