Firearms Instructor Insurance is a specialty insurance that protects against the inherent risks faced by trained professional instructors in their day to day operations.
Instructors need to remain vigilant, protecting against the risk of all accidents including injury, damage, negligence and even the slight chance of a fatality. Depending on the type of training you do and the facility in which you operate, you need an individualized plan that is cost effective and addresses your particular liabilities.
No matter if you are a sole proprietor or run a larger operation, our plans offer you complete coverage for injuries and medical expenses, damage to your facility or personal property of your clients, and the threat of legal action.
As an Firearm instructor, you are bound to promote safe firearm handling among your patrons. Be sure to take the same care to ensure that you and your business are safe as well.
$1,000,000 Limits includes Liability and Professional Liability
Compare us against the Market Competition:
- No need to be a member or affiliated with any associations
- No exclusions for use of “Simunitions”. Claims from Simuitions are not excluded
- Professional Liability Included, not an additional fee.
- No exclusions for Failure to obtain proper permits and licensing (GL)
- NO Exclusion for Professional Liability claims if not licensed and certified to teach and train the use of Firearms.
- No Cross suit exclusions
The Competitors offer a scaled back version of true comprehensive General Liability policy. Removal of host liquor liability, non owned watercraft, medical payments.
Mobile Equipment Liability Exclusion: Basically any kind of moving equipment you may use to maintain a premise (snowblower, tractor, Bobcat etc…) No coverage if you cause bodily injury or property damage.
Firearms Instructors Insurance Guidelines
Firearm Instructor Liability Insurance Low Cost $375
- Private sector firearms training (examples: basic pistol, home defense, etc.)
- Security guard training
- Military/Law Enforcement training
- Guests will sign an approved liability waiver / assumption of risk form.
- Parents or guardians of minors will sign an indemnity agreement.
- Instructors must hold NRA or equivalent certifications for instruction.
- Operations where primary instruction is in non-firearms classes (driving skills, martial arts, etc.)
- International operations
- Instruction in explosives, IEDs, or similar devices
- Any account permitting alcohol to be consumed prior to or during activities