Outdoor Recreation Insurance and Outdoor Adventure Insurance experts at Outdoor Insurance Group help minimize risks associated with running outdoor sporting businesses in a broad range of activities from hunting to surfing with tailor made insurance strategies.
But what about health risks that can jeopardize the long term viability of an outdoor business? Living a healthy lifestyle will strengthen your physical and mental tenacity and lay the groundwork for maintaining good health in later years. Stay healthy and you’ll keep your business going strong. There are simple steps that all of us can take to build up our stamina and help steer clear of illnesses and disease.
Here are 10 tips for optimizing your health:
- Follow a diet of lean proteins and whole grains and include several servings of fruit and vegetables daily.
- Add omega-3 essential fatty acids to your diet by eating fish, free range omega-3 eggs, fish oil or flaxseed oil, walnuts. Research more of the options for omega-3 sources.
- Opt for healthier natural sweeteners like honey, stevia and agave nectar in place of sugar and avoid salt
- Maintain a healthy weight. Try choosing lower calorie cooking methods like grilling or steaming over frying. Use olive oil instead of butter in your meal preparation.
- Limit caffeine intake.
- Take a multi-vitamin supplement daily.
- Try to incorporate some physical activity into your schedule every day.
- Be sure to get enough sleep. Medical professionals recommend 7-8 hours.
- Avoid smoking, excessive alcohol consumption and junk food.
- Be sure to make regular visits to the doctor and dentist for thorough checkups at least once a year.
Being healthy can have a direct impact on the health of your business in the short and long term. It’s easy if you make small changes to your lifestyle and keep it up going forward. By following a healthy diet, getting the proper amount of sleep and eliminating bad habits, you should notice health benefits within weeks and feel better.
Outdoor Insurance Group offers outdoor recreation insurance and outdoor adventure insurance to adventure outfits including hunting, fishing, surfing, paddle boarding, horseback riding, hiking, kayaking and canoeing, camping and ATV tours and more. With insurance expertise, OIG insurers cover all the business insurance aspects of risk and offer free consultations to new businesses or those interested in updating their outdoor insurance plans.
If you’re a guide looking to purchase, renew, or update an Outdoor Recreation Insurance or Outdoor Adventure Insurance plan, call today for a free consultation (888) 683-7808. Our agents have personal experience in all outdoor sporting activities to get you the most out of your specific insurance strategy with the most cost effective plan.