Outdoor Insurance Group has hundreds of Hunting Guide Insurance Clients. All hunters, no matter how experienced, can benefit by hunting with a guide to make the most of the experience. Importantly, when families enjoy this outdoor sporting adventure together, a top priority is safety. Educated hunting professionals will always begin the day by teaching gun safety to parents and their children.
To avoid accidents, always prevent easy access to firearms and keep them only in the hands of experienced professionals. Being as safe as possible will reduce your child’s risk of harm and accidental injury. Safety habits that begin at a young age will be carried out through adulthood. It’s never too early to learn important safety tips.
Some important lessons that hunting guides can pass down to children include:
- Wearing hunter orange and appropriate clothing to protect from seasonal weather elements.
- Checking that firearms are clean, free of obstructions and in good working order.
- Keeping guns unloaded when transporting them to and from the hunting area.
- Being aware of everyone’s position and watching where all guns are pointed at all times.
- Steering clear of the trigger until it’s time to shoot.
- Unloading all guns before dressing the catch.
Keeping children safe is a priority for all of us. If you want more information, there are many online resources that teach child gun safety. A thorough internet search will yield a host of educational sites with gun safety lessons that can be beneficial for all children, whether or not hunting is involved.
As one of the top providers of hunting insurance, Outdoor Insurance Group can help all guides looking to buy, renew or update a hunting insurance plan. We are experienced hunters who understand all risks involved in hunting and address each client’s needs individually with cost-conscious insurance plans. All guides are invited to call today for a free consultation (888) 683-7808.